Sound Innovations, Book 1
Sound Innovations for String Orchestra, Book 1. By Bob Philips, Peter Boonshaft, and Robert Sheldon. Published by Alfred.
Sound Innovations for String Orchestra is a revolutionary, flexible, and comprehensive method that combines time-tested educational concepts, input from thousands of teachers, and advances in modern technology. A logical sequence, clean page layouts, clear goals for each exercise, and uncomplicated explanations combined with instrument-specific MasterClass videos and varied accompaniments will foster better comprehension and improved execution of technique. The content is organized into six short levels, providing benchmarks, assessment indicators, and intermediate goals.
Features of Sound Innovations for String Orchestra:
- Simple, structured approach to teaching and learning
- Meets state and national music education standards
- Concepts are isolated and taught individually for better retention
- Organized into structured, concise levels
- Numerous ensemble-playing and performance oppotunities
- Video MasterClasses cover the entire method - from beginning to end
Included with each book is access to a wealth of free online media:
- Play-along tracks for every line of music
- Video lessons from expert musicians and teachers
- Supplemental content (covering rhythm, history, theory, and more) as well as additional repertoire
Note: For teachers who would prefer to use CD's or DVD's in the classroom, the score is available with a CD/DVD set which contains most of the same audio/video content to which all Sound Innovations users have digital access.
Other titles from the Sound Innovations series: