String Explorer, Book 1
String Explorer, Book 1. By Andrew Dabczynski, Richard Meyer, and Bob Phillips. Published by Alfred.
Features of the String Explorer series:
- It's inviting. String Explorer's stimulating colors, photographs, and layout reflect the contemporary student's environment, one in which they are continuously bombarded with stimuli from TV, magazines, and the internet.
- It's interactive. Free CD's in every student book encourage practice at home. In addition to playing in a CD player, the Interactive Explorer CD also contains a computer program for self-assessment.
- It's current. String Explorer is the only method with a website dedicated to school string students and teachers complete with games, teacher resources, and more. Now you can motivate students as you creatively incorporate technology into your string program.
- It's thorough. String Explorer offers a meticulously thorough and remarkable convenient package of all the string teaching materials necessary for preparing students to become complete musicians.
Also available is the String Explorer Teacher Resource Kit, which provides essential supplements to the String Explorer or any string curriculum to help provide a thorough, broad music education for every string student. Contents include:
- 19 worksheets on composers and music history
- 50 music theory pages
- Parts of the instrument quiz
- Complete fingering charts for each instrument
- 5 assessment tests for each instrument
- 5 sample letters to parents in English and Spanish
- 80 rhythm flashcards
Also available: String Explorer, Book 2