Planet Waves Two Way Humidification System
The Planet Waves Two-Way Humidification System is the only maintenance-free, two-way humidity control system of climate-control protection for your guitar. For smaller instruments, such as violins and violas, consider the Planet Waves Small Instrument Humidifier.This Two-Way Humidification System automatically maintains the optimal 45-50% relative humidity level within your instrument case by adding and removing moisture on demand, eliminating the guesswork and potential mess related to refilling a humidifier. Unlike refillable humidifiers, this automated system provides true "two-way" purified humidity control, eliminating the need for manual adjustments based on seasonal changes, geographic locations, temperature, or other factors.
The Two-Way Humidification System contains 3 Humidipaks and a soft, innocuous mesh pouch.
- These packets last between 2 and 6 months and should always be kept in a sealed environment like a hard-shell case.
- Once the packets become firm, discard and replace.
- Once the conditioning packs bring the instrument to the 45-50% humidity range, replace them with the Humidipaks for continued maintenance.
- Conditioning packs are sold in packs of 3.
- Replacement Humidipaks are sold in packs of 3 or 12.
This system is recommended by Taylor guitars and other fine instrument makers for maintaining the stability and playability of your instrument. This system is designed to protect your instrument against warping, cracks and other damage cause by lack or excess of moisture.
Custom made by Boveda (formerly "Humidipak") for D'Addario.
Two Way Humidification System