Hohmann -- Practical Violin Method
Title: Practical Violin Method, Books I-IV
Instrumentation: Violin. Many exercises and pieces for 2 violins.
Composer: Christian Heinrich Hohmann
Revision: W. F. Ambrosio
Publisher: Carl Fischer
Size: 9" x 12". Vol. I: 36 pages
Available in four books (courses):
- Book I: Nos. 1-155. The open strings, preliminary exercises, and pieces for the E-A-D and G strings.
- Book II: Nos. 156-234. Exercises and pieces in the easiest keys.
- Book III: Nos. 235-286. Advanced exercises in all sharp and flat keys.
- Book IV: Position playing and exercises in higher positions
- Book V no longer in print by Carl Fischer