Suzuki Violin School: Violin Parts
Suzuki Violin School: Violin Parts, Volumes 1-10. Please select the volume(s) of your choice in the "Sub-Title" drop-down menu below. Note these volumes include the violin part only. The corresponding piano accompaniments, as well as the corresponding CD's, are sold separately. Also available are Book and CD Combo Packs.
The volumes offered here are Revised Editions, which feature:
- Newly edited pieces, including revised bowings and fingerings
- Additional exercises by Dr. Suzuki and colleagues
- Insights and suggestions from certified Suzuki teachers
- All text in English, French, German, and Spanish
- A guide to musical notation
- A guide to the position of the fingers on the fingerboard
Revision Dates: Books 1-3 revised 2007; Book 4 rev. 2008; Book 5 rev. 2009; Book 6 rev. 2012; Book 7 rev. 2014; Book 8 rev. 2016; Books 9-10 not issued in revised form.
The Suzuki Method is an internationally known music curriculum and teaching philosophy dating from the mid-20th century, created by Japanese violinist and pedagogue Shinichi Suzuki (1898-1998). The method aims to create an environment for learning music which parallels the linguistic environment of acquiring a native language. Dr. Suzuki believed that this environment would also help to foster good moral character (Source: Wikipedia.) For more on the Suzuki Method, as well as information on Suzuki Teacher Certifications, please visit the website for the Suzuki Association of the Americas.