The Sassmannshaus Tradition: Early Start on the Viola
The Sassmannshaus Tradition: Early Start on the Viola, by Egon and Kurt Sassmannshaus, is among the most popular German string methods available in English. This book is designed especially for beginning viola students of a young age.This graduated series is available in Volumes #1-4.Authors Egon and Kurt Sassmannshaus, among the most renown violin pedagogues in Germany, have designed this successful teaching method over the course of their combined teaching careers. For the new English edition, Kurt worked as co-author and adapted this successful method for English-speaking children.
Features of the Sassmannshaus Method:
- Viola books are all in Alto clef
- Note reading and Ensemble playing are each introduced and encouraged from the very beginning
- Songs and Scales in different positions are explained simply
- Large-print notes and text, as well as many colorful illustrations, are particularly child-friendly and very attractive to pre-school and school aged children.
- Progresses swiftly by introducing advanced violin techniques in rudimentary form, such as shifting and varied bow strokes.
- All violin techniques used are demonstrated and explained on the web site www.violinmasterclass.com.
The Sassmannshaus "Early Start" Series is available also for the following instruments:
Published by Barenreiter.