The Sassmannshaus Tradition: Early Start on the Double Bass
The Sassmannshaus Tradition: Early Start on the Double-Bass was designed by Egon and Kurt Sassmannshaus especially for beginning string students of a young age. At last students of the largest instrument in the string family can make use of the the most popular German schools available in English! This method will meet the needs of the growing number of young bass students.This graduated series is currently available in Volumes #2 and #3.
Authors Egon and Kurt Sassmannshaus, among the most renown violin pedagogues in Germany, have designed this successful teaching method over the course of their combined teaching careers. For the new English edition, Kurt worked as co-author and adapted this successful method for English-speaking children.This volume was adapted for the double bass by bassists Holger Sassmannshaus (pedagogue and performer with the Niederrheinische Sinfoniker in Mönchengladbach/Krefeld) and J. Peter Close (Munich-based teacher of violoncello and double bass).
Features of the Sassmannshaus Method:
- Note reading and Ensemble playing are each introduced and encouraged from the very beginning
- Songs and Scales in different positions are explained simply
- Large-print notes and text, as well as many colorful illustrations, are particularly child-friendly and very attractive to pre-school and school aged children.
- Progresses swiftly by introducing advanced bass techniques in rudimentary form, such as shifting and varied bow strokes.
- All violin techniques used are demonstrated and explained on the web site www.violinmasterclass.com.
The Sassmannshaus "Early Start" Series is available also for the following instruments:
Published by Barenreiter, Illustrations by Charlotte Panowsky.