Harmonized Rhythms for Strings
Harmonized Rhythms for String Orchestra: Progressive Melodic Rhythmic Studies. By Charles Forque and James Thornton. Edited by Gerald Anderson. Published by Kjos.
Harmonized Rhythms is a resource of 45 basic, short, original exercises designed to develop rhythmic precision in a musical, four-part harmony format. It is intended to:
- foster rhythmic independence
- develop mental pulse within each student
- establish a clear understanding of sub-divisions
- explore duple and triple meters
- help string players become strong rhythmic sight-readers