String Time Starters
String Time Starters: 21 Pieces for Flexible Ensemble. By Kathy and David Blackwell. Published by Oxford University Press.
String Time Starters is an exciting ensemble collection for beginner strings from the authors of the award-winning Fiddle Time series. A prequel to String Time Joggers, this collection provides inventive and enjoyable ensemble repertoire for groups of all sizes.
- 21 easy, characterful ensemble pieces, plus fun warm-ups
- Flexible scoring for violin, viola, cello, and double bass with piano or CD accompaniment - from duets in any combination to large ensembles.
- The level approximately corresponds to the Starters books for violin, viola, and cello - some parts use open strings only, some use open strings and first fingers, and some use all fingers, catering for groups of mixed ability.
- Pupil books for violin, viola, cello, and double bass with lively illustrations.
- Teacher's book with score, including piano part, and a CD with performances and backing tracks for all pieces
- Full performances and backing tracks also available for download.