New Directions for Strings, Book 1
New Directions for Strings: A Comprehensive String Method, Book 1. By Joanne Erwin, Kathleen Horvath, Robert D. McCashin, and Brenda Mitchell. With supplemental ensemble music by Eliot del Borgo and Soon Hee Newbold. Published by FJH Music.
Features of New Directions for Strings:
- A tetra-chord based approach introduces all four strings on each instrument from the outset
- Incorporates the National Standards throughout
- Includes three full-length concert pieces for string orchestra, as well as two solo pieces specifically arranged for each instrument.
- A CD with demonstration and play-along tracks is included with each book. All tracks are also accessible online.
- Two bass position books are available: the traditional low position (Position A) book, or a more modern high position (Position D) book
More titles from the same authors: