The Sassmannshaus Tradition: Early Start on the Violin
The Sassmannshaus Tradition: Early Start on the Violin, by Egon and Kurt Sassmannshaus, is among the most popular German violin methods available in English. This book is designed especially for beginning violin students of a young age.This graduated series is available in Volumes #1-4, as well as the "My Progress" sticker book!Authors Egon and Kurt Sassmannshaus, among the most renown violin pedagogues in Germany, have designed this successful teaching method over the course of their combined teaching careers. For the new English edition, Kurt worked as co-author and adapted his father's successful method for English-speaking children.
Features of the Sassmannshaus Method:
- Note reading and Ensemble playing are each introduced and encouraged from the very beginning
- Songs and Scales in different positions are explained simply
- Large-print notes and text, as well as many colorful illustrations, are particularly child-friendly and very attractive to pre-school and school aged children.
- Progresses swiftly by introducing advanced violin techniques in rudimentary form, such as shifting and varied bow strokes.
- All violin techniques used are demonstrated and explained on the web site www.violinmasterclass.com.
Looking for more student Violin Repertoire? Check out the Sassmannshaus Violin Recital Album!
The Sassmannshaus "Early Start" Series is available also for the following instruments:
Published by Barenreiter.
Sassmannshaus, Egon and Kurt