A comprehensive and simple method for teaching the vibrant music of the Mariachi tradition. The method is an excellent resource for a community based program. It is suitable for first year players of all ages. Students begin playing on day one of instruction.
Students learn to play songs in accessible keys and learn
various Mariachi song forms, pitch relationships, music terminology,
improvisation, and basic composition.
- Detailed photos and fingering charts
- Separate boxes introduce new words and concepts
- Easy to follow What to Do
- Specific Strategies for Success
- Play-along CD track listed with song
- 1 song with Spanish lyrics in each lesson
- Student Practice Time chart at end of each lesson
- Beginner Level Method
by Marcia Neel and Francisco A Grijalva with
Fernando A Aguilar, Ramiro Benavides, Jr, Erik M Ramirez, Adam Romo and Michael Sital.