Carole Neuen-Rabinowitz has selected some of the most memorable tunes from the operatic repertoire in this collection for string trio. Written at an advanced intermediate level, good high school players and professionals alike will enjoy these classics.
1. "Intermezzo Sinfonico" from Cavalleria Rusticana (Mascagni)
2. "Entr'acte" from Carmen (Bizet)
3. "Ah, Fuggi il Traditor!" from Don Giovanni (Mozart)
4. "Deh Vieni, Non Tardar" from Le Nozze di Figaro (Mozart)
5. "Libiamo" from La Traviata (Verdi)
6. "Vin O Biere" from Faust (Gounod)
7. "Quando M'en Vo Soletta per la Via" from La Boheme (Puccini)
Bags of Style takes a fantastic musical journey through ten centuries of time, starting in the 12th century with an energetic stamping dance, and arriving at the 21st century for a 'game of chance' that you can alter simply by tossing a coin. Pieces are gently progressive and written by leading string pedagogue, Mary Cohen. Excellent for grade 2-3 players.
Who needs a singer? With Play Puccini, instrumentalists can bathe themselves in luxurious Italian melody! These ten opera arias are among the composer's most famous and distinctive achievements, here transcribed for intermediate level solo instrument and piano. The book includes a biography of Puccini, notes about the plot of each opera, and the dramatic context of the selected aria. The companion CD features excellent performances, as well as piano accompaniments for practice. Includes arias from: La Bohème, La Fanciulla Del West, Gianni Schicchi, Madama Butterfly, Manon Lescaut, Suor Angelica, Tosca and Turandot.
Title: Play Puccini: 10 Arias, By Puccini, Giacomo, Published by Ricordi